Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Happy Pączki Day & an OOTD



Hey everyone, happy Pączki day! Incase you don't know what a Pączek is, it is basically like a jelly-filled (black raspberry is my favorite) glazed doughnut with about a million calories in it! They are amazing, but you only eat them once a year, on fat tuesday. The purpose being that tomorrow is Ash wednesday, and you are supposed to fast all day, according to the traditional method anyways. This is all a Polish Catholic thing that I have been doing for years. Oh, and I discovered a few years ago that Pączek is the singular form for one of these things, and Pączki is the plural form, which has become a new pet peeve of mine when people call them Pączkis. :-)

My OOTD is quite plain today. Its a typical outfit that I wear to class, comfy. This is definitely one of my go-to outfits in my closet when I'm rushing to get ready for class in the morning. All of these items are from J.Crew a few years back.





Have a great day!

XOXO Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment