Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Shamrock Shake!


Hey everyone, so today I FINALLY got my first Shamrock shake from McDonalds of the year. Not everyone seems to like these, but I have loved them since I was about 10. I still remember very vividly the first time I ever had one. I had gone to a soccer game of my cousin's and then afterwards, we had gone to McDonalds to eat, and they talked about this thing called the shamrock shake, so I tried it. I fell in love, and was very displeased to know it was only available during St. Patrick's Day. So typically as soon as I find out they are available I rush out and get one. They are so yummy!

So I found two recipes online, both very similar, that are copy-cats of the Shamrock Shake. I have yet to try them, but I plan to ASAP now that I have discovered them. You can try this one or this one. I think the second one looks super cute the way its presented (and is also where the picture came from).

One more thing for today. So Lent starts today, meaning I had to come up with something to give up for 40 days. I usually have a hard time with this, and it never lasts, but we will see how this year goes. This year I chose to give up all things chocolate. I came up with this as a result of my recent chocolate milk addiction. It got really bad to the point that I was drinking 3-4 glasses of it a day. Not that there's anything wrong with chocolate milk, but who really needs that much of it in a day? Probably nobody. And we all know what they say about drinking your calories anyways. So thats my sacrifice, chocolate. We will see how I do!

Have a great day!

XOXO Jennifer


No comments:

Post a Comment