Tuesday, November 1, 2011

I'm back...

Hey everyone!

I apologize for being MIA for such a long period of time. School has been keeping me pretty busy and I haven't had a ton of time for blogging! I am in the middle of my surgery rotation which I am absolutely loving! It is one of those things I kept trying to talk myself out of liking because of the typical lifestyle, but in the end, I keep coming back to it, so as of right now, I'm mildly sure I'll be going into surgery :-) So many attendings I've talked with have mentioned to me how you can definitely have a life outside of being a surgeon, and thats all I really want, so I'm hopeful that it will all work out in the end! I think the only thing that could change my mind at this point is OB since I've always been pretty interested in that as well. Hopefully from now on, things will get a little easier, and I'll be able to get back to posting more regularly.

I hope that everyone had a great Halloween yesterday! It was my first year passing out candy. I live in an apartment complex, but its basically like town homes where each one has its own individual entrance. We actually did get a few trick-or-treaters. They were just too darn cute. I was shocked however that nobody just yells trick-or-treat anymore like we used to when I was a kid. Now everyone just rings the doorbell, and if you are lucky they will say it once you open the door. All in all it was fun handing out candy, and I have LOTS left over... darn :-)

So since I have been mainly living in scrubs in the OR, shopping hasn't been much of a priority (yet another reason I haven't been blogging). It hasn't stopped me from looking though, and now that the rewards cards are out, I'm ready to spend!! Just wanted to share some things that are currently on my list :-)

Colorblock cardigan - I really like both colors of this sweater. It looks so darn comfy, I could feel it easily working its way through the whole winter keeping me warm. The muslin caramel color will probably be more versatile with my wardrobe so if I do end up getting this one it will most likely be in this color.

Perfect shirt in tartan - I missed out on this one last year. This year I have been wearing button down shirts much much more, and I think this one is a perfect shirt to add to my collection. It will be great for the holidays I think. very excited about this one and will definitely be getting this with my rewards card.

Ribbed glovelettes - These things are SO cute. I can't help but want them in every color offered. I am having quite a hard time deciding which color of these to get first...

Vintage thermal tee in stripe - I must say that I am still not over stripes, and I am loving the thermal material of this shirt. So cute, and will be very versatile and well worn into the winter

Charlese Corduroy Shirtdress - This dress really intrigues me. I love the shirtdresses,  I love corduroy, and I love this color. Could this be a win? Has anyone else tried this one? I'm definitely thinking about giving it a try, bad thing is its not available until 12/15. boo. Let me know if you've tried it!

Silk scoopneck blouse in royal paisley - LOVE this pattern, and I'm loving the shape of this blouse as well. I definitely want to give this one a try at some point. I'm not so sure I love the pairing with the matching pencil skirt like they seem to love, but I could definitely see wearing each individually.

No.2 Pencil Skirt in Royal Paisley - I was bummed I missed out on the perfect paisley pencil skirt earlier this year, so I am glad to see this one. I think I still like the color of the previous version better, but I still love this skirt!

Classic Pajama in Polka-dot flannel - I am such a sucker for good jammies. These are just the perfect winter pajamas, and I can just imagine waking up in these Christmas morning (yes I am still quite a child). So cute :-)

Double cloth Lady Day coat - this is such a classic coat. I am SUCH a sucker for coats too.. I think I have about a million, but, what I am lacking is a nice long wool black coat and white one, so this one is on my list, in these colors. Maybe they will have another good coat sale this year and I can pick these up. I also love the model's look in this picture. I totally want to copy it!

Cashmere snood - I got one of these snoods last year and I loved it!! Definitely looking forward to adding more to my collection this year :-)

Alright, I think thats it for now! Hopefully it won't be too long until you hear from me again. 

Have a great evening!

XOXO Jennifer


2 comments:

  1. Welcome back! I got the plaid perfect shirt last year and love it. Looks like the same pattern/colors as this year. There isn't a ton I love at JC right now, but the pieces I like feel really special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks gigi! Yes, I just got the tartan shirt today and I can't wait to wear it :-) I can always find stuff I love and J.Crew, lol, which can be quite problematic at times...

    ReplyDelete