Saturday, November 12, 2011

Some J.Crew try ons

Hey everyone!

Went to my local j.crew today to return some stuff and of course couldn't resist trying some things on as well. I was actually a little underimpressed at the selection at my local store today. I didn't feel as though there were a TON of new things out on the floor yet which was a tad disappointing. There was at least one cure mannequin setup that inspired one of the outfits I tried on, and then a purchase. The other good thing was that apparently my store now carries the crewcuts line! While I don't have any kids, this is still exciting. Its such cute stuff. I like having the mini mannequins in the front of the store all dressed up too. It makes it more fun lol.

First off my OOTD. I wore my lady lace sweater in champagne with my black flair skirt (I've really been loving these!), some grey j.crew tights and my black Steve madden intyce boots.

OOTD 11/12/11

Also, I love stopping into Williams Sonoma every time I am at the mall, and I must say, they had some delicious things in there today! They have this warm spiced apple cider that they make from concentrate. Its a little bit strong, but so yummy! Today they were also making these mini pecan pumpkin spice muffins, with this amazing frosting on top. I would HIGHLY recommend stopping in there and grabbing some mix to make these muffins. They were so tasty! And the "frosting" is 1/2 jar of their pecan pumpkn butter, 1 stick of butter, and 1 block of philadelphia cream cheese. Definitely not for those on a diet, but so so good. They would be perfect for holiday parties as well!



Moving on to the good stuff, Here are some of the things I tried on today:

Jules dress in wildcat - There has been a lot of talk and a lot of love over this dress in blogworld, so when I saw it, I knew I had to give it a try. I tried my usual 6, and thought it fit pretty good. The pattern on this dress is lovely, however, I think I would like it better perhaps if it was more uniform. I had this problem with the leopard tippi sweater earlier in the year for the very same reason, although this one does not have as much as a pattern shift. The dress is made out of rayon and while it feels very soft and silky, there is no give or stretch to it, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. I liked it, but I didn't think it really did much for me either, and I wasn't willing to pay the $188 price tag at this point. 

Chainlink Cable sweater in stripe - Oh how I wanted to love this sweater. I absolutely love a cable sweater, and a stripe, and the black and cream color combination. Unfortunately, the fit of this sweater just seemed all off to me. I tried on a medium in this one. Remember the tight sleeves syndrome that was talked about with some of the sweaters last year? Well it was back in this sweater. Not only was that the case, but while the arms were snug, the body was swimming and seemed to have an a-line pattern. It just seemed all wrong. This picture doesnt fully capture that. I should have taken a side shot. I tried the small just to see if the body got any better, and it was just as billowy as the medium. The online picture of this sweater does not show it having this shape at all, although the text does describe it as have "slim sleeves" and a "slightly swingy silhouette." Oh how I wish this would have just been a normal fitting sweater! That being said, maybe if it goes on a good sale I'd still grab it as it was super comfortable and I still liked the overall look to it!

Natasha top - I had see this one around the store many times but hadn't yet given it a try myself. I tried on the 4 in the vivid poppy. I really did like this top. I thought it fits very well, and this color was beautiful. I love the ruffle trim. There isn't really anything bad I can say about this one, aside from the fact that j.crew stores should really invest in using a steamer after they unbox their items because man are there some deep fold lines in some of these items.

Winnie Dress - There were actually only two of these left in my store, and one of them happened to be my typical size 6, so I had to try it on. At first I didn't even recognize it as the Winnie dress but I had a feeling it might have been it. This dress is VERY soft, and had quite a flattering silhouette. I kind of wish they would have made it in more colors. The only real issue that I had with this dress was the length. It hit me just below the knee, and for me I thought that was just a tad too long. I would have loved it had it hit above the knee.


Betsy Sweater -  I had been searching for a sweater in this color for a month or so now after seeing a few sets on polyvore that I loved, so when I saw it, I had to try it. This is the warm moss color in a size medium. I thought it fit pretty tts, could possibly have sized down but I wanted to be able to layer it, so I stuck with the medium. The fabric is very very soft, but also very thin, which was actually a bit of a disappointment for me. I layered it with one of the chambrey shirts they had and at one point I thought I could see the buttons in the front through the sweater. But alas, the color and softness still won me over, so I ended up taking it home. 


Last up is the Scoopneck blouse in seine stripe - So the reason I even grabbed this top was because I saw it on a mannequin, hence the outfit I tried on below, although they had it paired with jeans, which I could see doing as well. I tried on the 6 and thought it fit pretty tts. I love the cream and navy stripes. The keyhole detail in the back is a cute touch as well. I also love the fact that it layers surprisingly well. 




So after shopping today I also went to go see Puss in boots in 3D. I must say it was a very cute movie, and I would definitely recommend it. Its kind of along the lines of a Shrek movie and has some similar adult references that probably go over most kids heads (at least I hope), so keep that in mind when thinking of taking the little ones. But all in all a very cute movie with a fun story line!

Have a great evening!

XOXO Jennifer

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for the nice reviews! I LOVE your OOTD, I hope I can still bite the lace popover...I did try he Jules dress in wildcat and really like the fit!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for taking us through all of these pieces, these reviews are so helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great reviews, how did I miss these before?! Love your OOTD. :) Aren't you just in love with that popover? I want to wear one every day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andrea - thanks! I LOVE the lady lace popover. I definitely recommend it, in every color available lol

    bourbon&pearls - thanks! and no problem :-) I love doing them, wish I could more often!

    shopwithm - thanks, I'm not sure! And yes, I adore the lady lace popover. I have it in 3 colors now, so I could just alternate wearing one everyday lol. They are just so easy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that lace sweater of yours- so pretty!
    www.saysskippy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Somehow, I missed these reviews. I have the Natasha on order in wildcat. Love the Betsy sweater on you.

    BTW...I'm giving you the 'Liebster Blog' award. Check out my blog.
    http://tweedandtoile.blogspot.com/2011/12/my-first-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my! i love your blog..& JCREW too..
    I'm your newest follower.
    come by teaching fashionista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. p.s. i bought the lace front t-shirt in the greenish color luv it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the pic of the cable sweater I noticed it was on sale but I wanted to know what it would look like on (FYI if you havent picked it up yet, it's now on sale for $20) it can be tough to tell what it'll look like IRL.

    ReplyDelete