Monday, September 5, 2011

Hey everyone!

I know I've been kind of MIA lately. School has been keeping me pretty busy. I'm doing inpatient Internal medicine right now, and I usually have to be there at 6:30 AM, so by the time I get out by 5 I am usually pretty tired, but I still have to get some studying done so unfortunately there hasn't been too much time for blogging!

That does not however mean that I haven't been shopping, or at least looking :-) Here are some items I recently ordered and am looking forward to getting.

Edie purse - I FINALLY went for this purse, which I have been pining over for quite some time now. My closet is severely lacking a bright colored purse, and I think this one will do just the trick :-) Very excited about this one.

Printed iphone cover - It was a VERY tough decision as to which one to get. The "jade" is basically the print of the silk casbah shirt, which I absolutely love, but in the end I decided to go with the leopard :-) My current case (Kate Spade) has kind of turquoisey tones, so I decided to get the leopard. I think my phone will thank me. Although I am quite attached to my current case. It will be nice to have some options.

Ribbed tights - I got these in heather acorn. I have plenty of black, brown, purple, and other dark shades of tights. What I did not have was a lighter pair, so I'm looking forward to being able to wear these as well. 

Urbanite shift dress - My interest was first sparked in this dress from this set created by shoppingwithm on polyvore. I love it in the orange color she features, but unfortunately, its no longer available online. It is however still available in muslin and spiced olive. I went with the spiced olive. I can see this being a great transitional piece that can be work layered with tights and boots into the fall.

Crystal-link cuff - another versatile piece to add to the jewelry collection. One or two of those lulu frost bracelets might have to be making its way into that collection real soon :-)

Shawl-collar poncho sweatshirt - So originally I was interested in the cowlneck poncho, but I decided to give this one a try first, and bonus, its on final sale for $49.99! I love the look of this outfit, and am very excited to give it a try! I still might try the other one at some point as it seems to be much more of an outerwear piece than this sweater poncho. 

Also, here's a few outfits I created on polyvore :-) I've always been a fan of Gossip girl, and have always thought that if I could, I would absolutely LOVE to dress like Blair Waldorf on a daily basis, so two of these are inspired by her :-)


For this first outfit, I LOVE this cape coat, and I was actually able to find someone that is selling it/a recreation on ebay. It's not horribly expensive (about $75 with shipping), and there were some feedback from people that had purchased it, so I decided why not. I'll post some pictures when I get it :-) Now I just need some great yellow shoes and a great yellow bag to complete this look.
Blair Waldorf Inspiration


More Blair Waldorf inspiration

Shawl-collar poncho recreation




Also, I am being featured as a guest blog today on Gigi's blog, so be sure to head over there and check out my post about 5 fabulous things I'm looking forward to wearing this fall :-) It was the first time I've written a post like this, and I had a lot of fun with it! Hopefully mommy and baby are doing well, as I know we all cannot wait to hear all about her! She will definitely be brought up with great style :-)

Fall


XOXO Jennifer

2 comments:

  1. LOVE my red edie! So classy and it goes with so much! I hope you love it too! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did the shawl collar poncho sweatshirt work out for you? Eager to know! thanks!

    ReplyDelete